Try Before you Buy Touring caravan Hire
It is really important that you choose the correct caravan and layout for you and your family, that’s why we offer try before you buy weekends so you can experience caravanning first hand and what’s more if you buy with us within 12 months we give you the hire fee back*.
You don’t need to go to the expense of buying a new car or fitting a tow bar with our unique service.
As a Motor Home and Caravan Club preferred partner if you go on to buy we include your first years membership free of charge.
Our try before you buy service enables you try out the caravan lifestyle for the first time or a specific layout to ensure it suits your need*. As we have a full range of Modern caravans we can help you choose which one suits you best. You can also add the following extras to your stay.
Our experienced, friendly team will demonstrate how everything works so you are confident whether you self tow, stay on our stunning site or if we deliver to a campsite of your choice.
We pride ourselves on well equip, fully working, fully safety tested caravans which are cleaned to a superior standard.
And then if you do fall in love with caravanning and if you go on to buy with us, we will refund the cost of the caravan hire from any purchase in full within twelve months of your hire, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes clearance caravans.
2020 Try Before You Buy Dates
22nd-25th May 2020
3rd-6th July 2020
You can try before you buy all year round subject to availability with us from £250 – please call for more details
Check in Friday from 3pm with a full handover by one of our friendly team: when you arrive your caravan will be set up on our stunning rural Dorset Campsite, fully equip and ready. Just bring bedding and towels. We will check you in showing you how the caravan works, from heating and hot water to the cassette loo!
Dogs welcome in some of our caravans please advise on booking. Prices for max two adults and up to four children.
- Arrive from 3pm Friday our team will show you around the caravan and give you a full handover so you know how everything in the caravan works.
- For the rest of the evening, kick back and relax or visit one of the local establishments for Dinner.
- Saturday or Sunday we will pre book your 2 hour trail towing session with our tutors for one person (extra drivers will cost an additional £80). Use of our vehicle is an option so please do not worry if you have no tow bar or suitable vehicle at the moment. Our tutors will get you behind the wheel of car with caravan on tow on a private old airstrip when you can try out a variety of towing including at speed, reversing and manoeuvres over a 2 hour session. We will show you how to attach car mirrors, hitch on and check all is working before setting off. In the event the towing experience is required for more than one driver, parts of the lesson will be completed as a group e.g. Hitching and securing the van to the vehicle. ***
- Have a look around at some actual caravans for sale to get an idea of costs and layouts, ask our team any questions and get an idea of the overall costs for awnings, security, insurance etc and get a professional tow advice and car checks.
- Our experienced team will also advise on what to look for when buying a used vs. new caravan and what can be expected from an aftersales perspective.
- During the remainder of the weekend go and enjoy yourselves in the surrounding area: we are lucky to be surrounded by some fabulous days out including National Trust Stour Head and Longleat Safari park.
- Check out Monday (no rush anytime before 4pm) and head off back home having experienced caravanning and knowing if it is right for you (or not!) With the whole cost of your weekend discounted if you decide to buy within 12 months.
Our professional driving instructors – click to visit their website.
*The Try Before You Buy event has been designed to help you decide if the caravanning experience is correct for you, rather than matching you with a specific make and model of caravan, however, where possible we will try to match you with a caravan layout of your preference, subject to availability.
**In order to book we will need a non-refundable deposit of £200. Please call to make a booking. The final balance is due 8 weeks before the event. Cancellation charges do apply after this date.
***All drivers must have a full UK driver’s license and be able to show insurance documents for their vehicle. You do have the option to use our vehicle if you would prefer. If you passed your driving test after 1997 please let us know so we can ensure the correct caravan and car combination.