Try Before you Buy Touring caravan Hire
It is really important that you choose the correct caravan and layout for you and your family, that’s why we offer try before you buy weekends so you can experience caravanning first hand and what’s more if you buy with us within 12 months we give you the hire fee back*.
You don’t need to go to the expense of buying a new car or fitting a tow bar with our unique service.
As a Motor Home and Caravan Club preferred partner if you go on to buy we include your first years membership free of charge.
We offer try before you buy service which enables you try out the caravan lifestyle for the first time or a specific layout to ensure it suits your needs.
You can try before you buy all year round subject to availability with us from £250 – please call for more details
Join us for a long weekend to try caravanning for the first time only £495 including test tow in a safe environment with qualified instructors. (Stay longer if you wish)
- Check in Friday from 3pm with a full handover by one of our friendly team: when you arrive the layout which you have chosen will be ready and set up on our stunning rural Dorset Campsite, fully equip and ready. Just bring bedding and towels. We will check you in showing you how the caravan works, from heating to hot water to the cassette loo!
Dogs welcome in some of our caravans please advise on booking. Prices for max two adults and up to four children.
Below is a guide only:
- Check in from 3pm.
- 6pm Welcome drinks and a chance to meet the team including a talk by our experienced and very fussy buyer Paul on what to look out for when choosing you first caravans with Q&A session
- 7pm a light supper per followed by light entertainment until 9pm*
- Saturday or Sunday we will pre book your 2 hour trail towing session with our tutors for one person (for two additional £50). Use of our vehicle is an option so please do not worry if you have no tow bar or suitable vehicle at the moment. Our tutors will get you behind the wheel of car with caravan on tow on a private old airstrip when you can try out a variety of towing including at speed, reversing and manovers over a 2 hour session. We will show you how to attach car mirrors, hitch on and check all is working before setting off.
- Have a look around at some actual caravans for sale to get an idea of costs and layouts and ask our team any questions and get an idea of the overall costs for awnings, security, insurance etc and get a professional tow advice and car checks.
- During the remainder of the weekend go and enjoy yourselves in the surrounding area: we a lucky to be surrounded by some fabulous days out including National Trust Stour Head and Longleat Safari park.
- Check out Monday (no rush anytime before 4pm) and head of back home having experienced caravanning and knowing if it is right for you (or not!) With £495 deposit with us if you decide to buy within 12 months.
Our professional driving instructors – click to visit their website.
As we have a full range of Modern caravans we can help you choose which one suits you best.
Our experienced, friendly team will demonstrate how everything works so you are confident whether you self tow, stay on our stunning site or if we deliver to a campsite of your choice.
We pride ourselves on well equip, fully working, fully safety tested caravans which are cleaned to a superior standard.
If you do fall in love with caravanning and if you go on to buy with us, we will refund the cost of the caravan hire from any purchase in full within twelve months of your hire, excludes towing experience – total refund £500* cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes clearance caravans.
*light super and entertainment subject to minimum numbers of bookings – a discount will be applied of £50 per booking if not reached.